Hi folks,

My friend Catherine posted this on another list (Multiple Sclerosis),
but it's a good reminder to us all here too.

"Modern medicine is a wonderful thing, but there are two problems.
Sometimes we expect too much of it, and too little of ourselves.
Vast sums of money are spent for the treatment of diseases.  We
undergo horrible suffering and give up years of life because health and
well-being seem too much trouble to guard & protect until it's
too late.

Some of us are battling an injury, or a chronic, frightening
disease. Some have to sit or stand too much, or we sleep poorly, or we
suffer from fatigue, have musculoskeletal pain, spasms or cramps?

We each do make choices every single day about what to eat, what
exercise to do and how confident to feel .. Yes, that's a choice too.
There are natural ways to help guard the quality of our life.  Here are
reminders that we've all heard before ...and here they are again!

} Eat simple, natural, fresh foods.
} Drink plenty of water.
} Stretch & exercise each day.
} Breathe completely.
} Get enough sleep.
} Stay active with our family, friends, hobbies, political concerns and
other passions.
} Find a quiet place for daily solitude  no noise.  Just ourselves, and
a peaceful moment.
} Smile!
} Laugh out loud!
} Bring spiritual and physical health and healing into our life with
playfulness and laughter!

     It's true!  Thoughts and behavior really do affect our health!  We
deserve to feel good, naturally, with a minimum of medication!

Good luck, everybody!
Catherine
http://www.gentlefitness.com
"Please, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the
courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the
difference."

I thought she had good reminders for us all. Catherine has made an
exercise video that she sells on her web site. I have seen the tape,
I have bought one for us, and I think it is excellent.

Hugs,
Gail Vass CG for two