BALLROOM dancing?  Hey Greg.... we're gonna BOOGIE!!  YOUSA!!!
'Cause as you said, "It'll be one HELLUVA day!

Barb Mallut (polishing up her dancin' shoes...)
----------
From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of Gregory E. Leeman
Sent:   Thursday, March 26, 1998 5:39 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Re: One Hell of a Day.

Dietmar,

I just started Tasmar yesterday.  I was taking (4) x daily 50/200 cr of
Sinemet with (3) x daily of 150mg  mg Mirapex.  I am reducing my Mirapex to
100MG (3) x daily and Sinemet to 25/100 cr (4) x daily and Tasmar (3) x
daily 100mg.  I was on most of the day yesterday.  But, I had some pretty
good bouts of Dyskinesia.  I would have to attribute that to still taking
50/200 cr tablets.  Our plan is to eliminate the Mirapex.  I may try going
back to conventional Sinemet.

My experience with the cr (time release) is that I had less diskinesia but
more off time.  It is the battle I face every day with a smile.  We are
living in a time when Parkinson's is somewhat treatable with surgical
options and better drug treatments.  I look at someone like Don Mckinnly
(sp) <grin>, and I have to think what a courageous person he is to be
fighting after 26 years.  It definitely puts my day in perspective.  After
all I am still able to work full time (well pretty much).  I still lifts
light weights and dance every now and then to the disco dyskinesia shuffle.
Ain't life grand.  It should be if you keep it in perspective.  When mr. pd
rears its harsh side try to imagine what it will feel like when we get our
bodies back.  It will be one hell of a day.   I want to celebrate with a
ballroom dance.  Waltzing with all the Barbs, oh, if I have enough energy.
If my secret with Barb Mallut is true and I believe you Barb, I will still
have energy to dance with Camilla, Ida, Karen Bardo, Barb P., Barb B.,
Mary Helen, The Debs, Marling, Judith, Katherine, Sonia, Mary, Linda and Ken
Becker (oops) <gaffaw>. (anyone else on the list that would dance with
someone who had two left feet)

YES, IT WILL BE ONE HELL OF A DAY, TODAY!

Greg Leeman 37/7
Portland, Maine