Gregory E. Leeman wrote:
> I just started Tasmar yesterday. I am reducing my Mirapex to 100MG (3) x daily and Sinemet to 25/100 cr (4) x daily and Tasmar (3) x daily 100mg.  I was on most of the day yesterday.  But, I had some pretty good bouts of Dyskinesia.  I would have to attribute that to still taking 50/200 cr tablets.  Our plan is to eliminate the Mirapex.

Hi Greg,
At a recent support group meeting, the nurse involved with drug studies
was our speaker. When asked why we should continue taking an agonist
while taking Tasmar, she said the goal is to reduce levodopa because
that's what causes dyskinesia.

Dietmar wrote:... should add Tasmar, reduce levodopa and keep taking
Mirapex.

> My experience with the cr (time release) is that I had less diskinesia but more off time. I may try going back to conventional Sinemet.

I did go back to regular Sinemet, except at bedtime, because I was
experiencing more dyskinesia (late afrenoon/early evening) with CR.

> I look at someone like Don McKinley, and I have to think what a courageous person he is to be fighting after 26 years.  It definitely puts my day in perspective.

Mine too!!!

> every now and then to the disco dyskinesia shuffle.

I know someone who does the foot cramp fandango.

> I will still have energy to dance with Camilla, Ida, Karen Bardo, Barb P., Barb B., Mary Helen, The Debs, Marling, Judith, Katherine, Sonia, Mary, Linda...

I'll be there, so keep your dancin' shoes ready.

Judith Richards