^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  48/10         [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses  52 deg. F  spring birds

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Sue Maltais writes:

><< By the way,Glenna and Blaine Atwood and I will be on local TV on
> April 9, again on WCSH-TV here in Portland. The public enjoyed the
>first
> show so much that a second live call-in show is planned!
>  >>

>I would love to see you do this..unfortunately we won't get the show
>down here
>in Mass., and my parents don't head up to York until the 15th of
>April.  Maybe
>you could do another one during May.. :-)
>
>Sue, daughter of Rocky 74/18

Dear Listmembers and Sue M.,

   We Maine-PWP's are getting ourselves ready for another LIVE,
NBC-affiliated, WCSH, television show!  But, there are some unforeseen
changes going on, including a sudden change in WHO can appear. The show
will be on Mon April 6 at 12:30 PM.

    1) CHANGE OF GUESTS:  I am sad to relay the news that my friend, PWP
author,Glenna Atwood, who was hoping to appear on this 2nd TV show with
me, has been suffering from black-outs and sudden blood-pressure changes,
and Blaine says it is probably going to be VERY difficult for Glenna to
go on camera.. Listmember Karen Bardo has offered to be an "understudy"
to Glenna. So, THANKS to Karen, I am relieved to report that a woman's
perspective on Living With PD (plus mine) is still guaranteed on this
broadcast. (Whew!!)

     2) The show has been moved from Thurs. April 9 to Monday April 6.
This give us an opportunity to promote World Parkinson's Day In Maine.
We are planning a wonderful dessert-and-beverages party, on April 11,
1998, including a DRAMATIC reading of the newly passed Parkinson's
Awareness Resolution (which has been posted to this List), that was
adopted by the Maine Senate on March 19 and the House of Representatives
on March 20.

  3) Perhaps interested viewers can make plans to videotape the upcoming
April 6 show!  I will do what I can, to offer videocopies if you cannot
make arrangements. Let me know

  4)The event will be the kick-off fundraiser for the new, Maine
Parkinson's Awareness Fund.
We hope to be able to help local PWP's and their families.

Ivan Suzman