<<  PD patients are described as industrious, rigidly
 moral,stoic,serious and nonimpulsive.  >>

Gosh, that's just the opposite of my personality.  I'm non-judgemental, a real
"marshmallow", fun loving and always ready to try something new. I guess I
could say I was industrious, but in a pretty disorganized way.   Does that
mean that I don't really have PD?  Maybe this is all just a horrible dream and
soon I'll wake up.

Seriously though, from two years of being on this list, I have concluded that
PWPs are friendly, empathetic, compassionate and have great senses of humor.
Don't you think that's closer to the truth than (ugh!) rigidly moral and
stoic?

I don't really believe there is a Parkinson type.  Perhaps it would be more to
the point to  gather statistics on the following questions: Do most Parkies
crave sweets?  Are we mainly non-smokers?  Are we more likely to avoid
excesses, such as alcoholism, drug dependency and eating disorders?  Are we
more or less apt to use caffein,etc?  Maybe the answers to these questions
could aid in the diagnosis of PD.

Mary