DeldaHW wrote:
> My other thought was, is there an association of neurologists?  There must be
> some sort of professional association for them.  Would such an association be
> able to provide some information or ideas?  I realize not everyone with PD
> sees one, but it might be a place to start. Delda White CG Bob 66/1

Dear Delda, of course there is, and it's big: the American
Neurological Association. They publish a monthly archival journal,
Neurology, that usually runs to about 300 pages and may include up
to 8 or 10 scientific report articles specifically about Parkinson's
Disease. Those are among the ones I review each month in the Current
Science Reviews.

Unfortunately, the Association members don't have the complete facts
on who has PD and how it is distributed- they are the people who NEED
those data  in order to analyze and tell the rest of us about the
causes of PD, and hopefully, how to possibly avoid it.

There have been many attempts by research teams to do such a survey-
but they are too small and too limited. A complete nationwide or
worldwide survey is just too big for anyone but the government to
handle. I would hope that some of the 100 $million per year talked
about in the famous Udall Bill might be used for a project like that,
But so long as the Udall Bill (now the Udall Law) is nothing more
than unsupported advice to the NIH about how to allocate its own
money, don't  hold your breath. Cheers,

Joe

J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road