Jim,
it does not seem to be dystonia.  I am not a medical professional. if it is
sensitive to massage, it may well be informative to you to note where the
pain emanates from.  the muscle itself or the tendons endings.  If we keep
strain on muscles for long time, they tend to tear and become "sensitive".

are both calves about the same? do you walk a lot? run?

digression: the tasmar should have given sinemet much longer effective
duration. how long did you try tasmar?
best wishes,
Ron