The phenomenon of magnetism affecting the body sounded like some kind of
nonsense when I first heard it, using the "common sense" facts we "KNOW" about
magnetism, such as the attraction between steel and iron and magnets, and
magnets and other magnets. Then I remembered that in the "old days" of
television, there was a magnet on the glass neck of every CRT (Cathode Ray
Tube) that we call the picture tube. This magnet was called an "ion trap" and
had the job of attracting ions and directing them away from the front of the
CRT, while allowing electrons to continue to the front where they lit up the
phosphors. The details I speak of are not important, and may not be 100%
accurate, the point is that electrical "charges" can be influenced by
magnetism and the body has an electrical system, using nerves as electrical
conductors. The brain receives and sends signals  like microprocessors  do in
a computer. Therefore it is logical that magnetism can affect the travel of
these  signals, and modify the pain signals. If anyone doubts that nerves
transmit pain to the brain, have your dentist make contact with the nerve in a
tooth...I have done that recently during root canal treatment, and still have
flashbacks!  Do we have anyone hear who has studied medicine and electronics,
who can tell me how accurate my theories are? (Or not! [log in to unmask] ,HWD
FL. USA