I am 58 years old and was diagnosed with early Parkinsons in December 95. I
turned down an offer to try drugs [probably sinamet] as a diagnostic/treatment
measure. My neurologist has not been uncomfortable with my continued
reluctance to try drugs.  He even implied that since the drugs would only work
for so many years that perhaps I would have a longer lifespan if I waited. It
is, however my decision since a "medical" doctor is predisposed to prescribe
"medicine"; that's his job.

My symptoms include:
Shaky right hand with some loss of motor control
Arm and Leg shakieness when having sex
Small, illegible handwriting
Slowness on my feet, getting of  car etc.
Some difficulty with slurred speech
Stiff gait and lack of natural arm swing when walking

Treatments that I have tried or am trying are:
I was able to retire and thus reduce stress and get more sleep
A type of accupuncture which deals with teaching my body to more productively
respond to allergins and toxins.
A herb or vitamin called NADH [trade name ENADA] [Seemed to help but am
presently not taking to see if it was upsetting my stomach]
Nutrients prescribed by my accupuncturist.
Chiropractic Treatments; specifically Towers and Atlas Wedge adjustments by a
chiropractor trained by Dr,Versandalls [retired]
Exercise regimin from Parkinsons Internet forum
Saunas with Niacin for detoxification
Vitamin E - 800 to 1600 I. U. /day

It is hard to measure but I believe that I am slowly getting worse. Are any of
the above treatments helping slow the rate of degeneraton, how can I tell?

It is my feeling that I will someday have to have the drugs to make life
bearable. Until this time comes, I would prefer to avoid the hassle and side
affects.

Your experiences and comments invited.