I was diagnosed with having Parkinson's a short time ago, but I kept this
information from my employer. I have just been offered a new job that I feel
will fit in better with my health condition and future.  My present employer
was very good to me, so I told them about my Parkinson's disease, and that I
was leaving for a position that I thought would work out better with my health
needs. To my surprise, my employer asked me to stay even after I told them
about the Parkinson's.  Not only was I asked to stay, but I was also offered a
raise, and they offered to make changes to meet my health requirements.  After
the positive response from my present employer, I called my future employer
and told them about the Parkinson's disease and I gave them the option to
withdraw the offer of employment. My future employer said that I was still
welcome in the job even after revealing my health condition. To make a long
story short, I start the new job on April 6.
Up until this time, I had believed in a "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy in
relation to my Parkinson's disease. My recent experience has led me to believe
that honesty is the best policy.  This honesty about my condition did not come
easily, but with much prayer, and a strong belief that God is watching over
me.
I don't want to sound like I'm advertising on the list, but Titan Corporation
in San Diego, and AMSEC in Virginia Beach are both companies that are willing
to give a person with Parkinson's.

Brian Carlson