Hi John

DOS 6.22 is probably very much like the dos i'm used to using.
The commands you need are;

CD d:\directory where d is the drive. this switches directories.
                                the d: may not be needed in some cases.
d:                            where d is the drive letter. this switches
drives.
dir *.*                     lists files in a directory
                                you can replace * with all or part of a
file name.
                                example: dir *.exe will list all files
ending with .exe

this erases files but be careful, erase *.* will erase all files.
erase drive:\directory\filename.txt

Hope this helps

Marvon Giles