At 06:51 PM 3/30/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I got a message that I have no conventional memory left using Windows 3.1;
>not even enough to open Windows3.1.  I need to delete files and programs
>using DOS 6.22.  I can not get at DOS help; not enough memory to run DOS
>help!!!  Can any one help with suggestions.  I have no manuals for DOS or
>Windows 3.1.
>                                                                Thanks in
advance, John

>John if you're able to run windows at all ,you need to go your "file
manager" program.
I think you'll find it under "my computer" possibly under "control panel".
Click on your
Windows folder and then look for all the following
folders."TEMPORARY",TEMP, TEMPDIR,
HISTORY/{if you use a browser}.open all theses files and delete their
contents.also delete all files that end in ."bak,chk,. this will in most
cases give sometimes as much as 30-60mb space. good luck ,Bobby