Unfortunately, I can't find a source which can tell me how many
people get PD each year.
I did get this off the National Institute of Health Neurological Disorders
and Stroke Search Engine.  Afraid that is all I can offer at this time.

Marjorie Moorefield,
just another librarian with PD
65/9

***********************

Who Gets Parkinson's Disease?

About 50,000 Americans are diagnosed with Parkinson's disease each year,
with more than half a
million Americans affected at any one time. Getting an accurate count of
the number of cases may
be impossible however, because many people in the early stages of the
disease assume their
symptoms are the result of normal aging and do not seek help from a
physician. Also, diagnosis is
sometimes difficult and uncertain because other conditions may produce some
of the symptoms of
Parkinson's disease. People with Parkinson's disease may be told by their
doctors that they have
other disorders or, conversely, people with similar diseases may be
initially diagnosed as having
Parkinson's disease.

Parkinson's disease strikes men and women in almost equal numbers and it
knows no social,
economic, or geographic boundaries. Some studies show that
African-Americans and Asians are
less likely than whites to develop Parkinson's disease. Scientists have not
been able to explain this
apparent lower incidence in certain populations. It is reasonable to
assume, however, that all people
have a similar probability of developing the disease.

Age, however, clearly correlates with the onset of symptoms. Parkinson's
disease is a disease of
late middle age, usually affecting people over the age of 50. The average
age of onset is 60 years.
However, some physicians have reportedly noticed more cases of
"early-onset" Parkinson's disease
in the past several years, and some have estimated that 5 to 10 percent of
patients are under the age
of 40.