At 09:12 AM 3/28/98 -0600, Arthur Hirsch wrote:
>At 09:16 AM 3/28/98 EST, Ken Becker wrote:
>I have another idea, why not put the city and country
>>there too?
>>It may be good to help newbies know if they are talking to next door
>neighbors
>>or someone 20,000 miles away!
>
>Don't you think it to be an invasion of privacy to ask people to put their
>city and country at the end of their posts?  If people knew I was from
>Lewisville, in the "country" of Texas, they might think that Lewisville was
>the home of the fidgeting farmers, not the fighting farmers (which, btw, is
>the name of city high school football team).  They might ask me to meet
>them between planes at the Dallas airport, which is nearby - and which I
>would enjoy doing for many listmembers, schedule permitting.
>
>And someone living 20,000 miles away would have to be on a near synchronous
>satellite, since there are no earth distances that great.  Oh, well, they
>wouldn't have to change planes at DFW, and they wouldn't have much to see
>if they looked down here with their telescope.
>
>Clearly, Ken, I concur that it is an important part of communication to let
>people know where your home is located.  And why else, for example, would
>Barb Patterson put out "The Way We Were" each month?
>
>Art

art  it was me to ask where the was from. i do not get travel. so use my
map-go street atlas to visit there city and along the way. i can go out as
far as 50 miles on ether side of the route to there place a lot of people
do not see the points of interest it shows me pics and talk about place of
interest. os it is up to the person if they want to or not. i do as i have
trouble in in seeing email address and am not ashamed of where i live there
is 2  2  lima,oh i have been to kens,marling,cammilla. so i get to travel a
lot. try it some time it some times takes me 2 hour to visit some one in
cal. or ca. thats it no hard feelings    I.Y.Q.