Marjorie,
        On page 773 of my "American Medical Association Home Medical
Encyclopedia" it says and I quote,"About one person in 200(mostly elderly)
is effected by the disease, with 50,000 new cases a year in the US.  Men
are are more likely to be affected than women. The incidence of Parkinson's
disease is lower among smokers.
        I wold hope that each PWP would make a concentrated effort in the
state that they live in to get better numbers. It seems to me that the only
thing that will impress the politicians and the research community to find
a CURE instead of more meds to control the symptoms.

For what it is worth
John
West Jordan, UT