Hmmmm.... (thinking).... I've had PD symptoms for almost 23 years.  Ever
since I was actually aware that I had the disease - was diagnosed
about 15 years ago - I've never seen a change in the various PD associations,
press, and government agencies, etc. estimates in
the numbers of persons with Parkinson's in the US.

In all this time that 500,000 to 1,500,000  estimate has only varied BETWEEN
those numbers, i.e. some estimates are 1,000,000.

Yet you've said:

"On page 773 of my "American Medical Association Home Medical
Encyclopedia" it says and I quote,"About one person in 200(mostly elderly)is
effected by the disease, with 50,000 new cases a year in the US.

(ASIDE:  Sorry, but I lost the formatting right here)

(Moving  right along...)  I don't understand how come the
OVERALL number count of folks diagnosed with PD never
changes when about 1 person in 200  (if this is an accurate
figure, and who REALLY knows for sure?) is Dx'd with PD.

I know that along with the rest of our population, it's inevitable
that a certain number of recorded deaths each year are
people having Parkinson's.  However, overall, I cannot believe
IF there's an estimated 50,000 NEWLY DIAGNOSED Parkies
annually as stated, that there's ALSO that same number of
PWP dying off (from whatever cause) keeping the overall
number static.

Nope.... sorry.   However official that comment from the
"Sacred Halls of Medicine" is, it just does NOT ring true to
ME.  I don't believe it's accurate because it actually
contradicts itself.  Therefore, I've got to believe there's a
significantly higher number of persons having Parkinson's in
the USA  than ANYONE knows of!

AND I believe each year that number goes UP and the
people being newly diagnosed more frequently and at a
younger age than those Dx'd in previous years.

Barb Mallut