Margaret Tuchman wrote:

> There are the two major areas that impress politicians: 1/  what % of the
> population is diagnosed with PD; what is the breakdown by age, sex, etc, and
> what is the projected growth of the population, with special consideration
> given to the "baby boomers" , and
> 2/ how much is the current related cost and what is the projected cost per
> annum for the next 25 years.

Margaret,
These two areas also impress insurance companies -- if you get any responses,
could you send them to me? I'm trying to develop a program that will help prevent
many hospitalizations of PWP; but insurance companies are only interested in the
"bottom line" -- how much will it cost them, and how much will it save. Figures
like these give a lot of weight to reimbursement issues.
Thanks,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD