it seems to me (non medical professional) that Sinemet or generic is the
best choice in the smallest dose that works.  for this to be accomplished,
it is necessary to take enough carbidopa to have the carbidopa slow the rate
of  enzyme metabolism of levodopa to dopamine in the blood.  this is
necessary to get best effect and to MINIMIZE the nausea - which is the brain
stem area detecting "poisonous" level of dopamine and making one feel ready
to vomit.

suggest using Lodosyn (carbidopa only tablet or portion) along with half a
25/100 carbidopa/levodopa tablet four times a day and take on arelatively
empty stomach with some orange juice. follow with a plain cracker or pretzel
or half a cup of dry multigrain cheerios.  then do not eat a lot of protein
- but do eat some fruits, vegetables, bread with whole grains about 30 to 45
minutes after each dosage.

Taking him to a support group does little or nothing.  He must be supported
- (take charge of his-self to try to live a little at least; id est, 'break'
the depression - his not caring to try to do his best) by deciding to join
to support himself and others - for it to be a positive exerience.

This lack of actually pitching-in by most of the persons who we have on our
small support group list is the most lacking aspect of my goals as primary
leader of the group.  As many have come and gone from the parkinsn listserv
cyber-family, so it happens with the face-to-face groups.  just an hour a
month will do little or nothing. if you care enough to become involved to
inspire him to give living lnger a real effort, he will do that. If no one
convinces him to be spunky, he will soon cease to be is the frank
probability.

Our need to live is small if our will to live is drowned by lackof feeling
good.  feeling good is the result of loving a minimum of one person - not
that I recommend being a hermit - it is better to love (care about) self and
others - the more the merrier.  it works although most doubt it. love, ron
Ronald Vetter  1936, dz PD 1984, carbidopa/levodopa, Mirapex, selegiline
[log in to unmask]     Ridgecrest, California
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter