     I wanted to thank all who responded to my question about
sudden hip pain, and summarize the replies in case anyone else is
interested. It appears that a variety of aches and pains is very
common among us, and there seem to be many different probable
causes, and remedies.

     Among the possible causes that were mentioned are stiffness,
gait problems, immobility, Restless Leg Syndrome, dyskinesias,
postural distortion, compression on the sciatica nerve, muscle
stress, and undermedication.

     Although it is difficult to generalize from one person's
experience to another's, the common thread that seems to run
through many of these responses is that the primary PD symptons,
which make our bodies move (or not move), in very unnatural ways
might cause or aggravate these secondary strains, aches, and
pain.

     The suggested remedies included rest, ice packs, heat,
physical therapy, regular exercise and stretching, chiropractic,
whirlpools, Vitamin B, surgery, or do nothing and see if it gets
better on it's own.

     I've tried rest, heat, and Advil, and the pain subsides, but
only temporarily. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow - just hoping
he can diagnose and treat this without a lot of tests (though I
guess that's not very likely)  Thanks again for your replies.

Linda Herman