Janice. I still stand by it; I think we'd have nothing to lose by
translating the "Comp 101" part of the title into something a little more
general, and doing so might avoid making a couple of
people feel excluded.

Graham

I wonder whether the title -- the "Comp 101" part -- might not leave
people from colleges feeling excluded (I tend to associate "Comp 101" with
universities). Indeed, I thought that one of the women at the Caucus said
she was a high school teacher. I think we could get at the same idea --
and the same distinction -- by talking about "general composition" courses
versus WAC or WID courses (though, of course, WAC and WID are terms I
associate with university teaching too).