Hi,

All the individuals are on this list because they signed in at the
CCCC's Canadian Caucus. If you do not wish to hear from me, please let
me know, and I'll remove you from the list. Please distribute this
message to other appropriate Canadian discussion lists.

Our most pressing piece of business is to organize our submission for
the CCCC in Atlanta next year. The conference theme is Visible
Students/Visible Teachers, and the Canadian Roundtable will focus on
"Teaching Writing Without Comp 101". Graham Smart (Purdue) and Guy Allen
(U.of T.) have offered to help me vet abstracts and prepare the
submission. I would welcome suggestions to improve the title, but am
leaving it as it was suggested at the caucus session for now. The
feeling was that in Canada, many of us teach writing outside the
traditional American freshman comp model, and so we should explore/share
the different ways in which we do that.

Proposals must be postmarked no later than May 6, 1998, which means that
you should e-mail them to Guy, Graham, and me by April 30th. We'll
confer electronically and get Canadian submission in on time.

We also need volunteers to chair the roundtable and the Canadian SIG.
Looking over the Chicago program, I see that many people both chaired a
session and gave a paper. There was some discussion at our caucus in
Chicago about the multiple submission rule; I will do further research
on the issue if anyone still has some concerns.

Please respond/repost promptly. We want to continue the tradition of a
strong Canadian presence at the CCCCs.

Janice Freeman
Centre for Academic Writing
University of Winnipeg