I have mentioned this idea before but am repeating it, in light of the call
for a PUSH.

On April 11, why don't we celebrate international PD Day by sending a donation
to our favorite PD organization or research facility.  The donation could be
of any amount - even just a dollar (or its equivalent), whatever you are able
to send.  The idea is to aim at 100% participation.

The next step would be to send a notice to your local newspapers saying that
the need is so great for research money for PD and the wait for Congress to do
something about it is so frustrating to those who are suffering, that we
decided to raise some money ourselves.  This money is to get the ball rolling
until Congress finally finds the compassion to help us by appropriating the
money promised by the passage of the Udall Bill.  This would be an opportunity
to inform the public about PD, the number of people aflicted, the hopes of a
cure in the near future,etc.  Perhaps, if everyone participated, our news
release would be picked up by radio & TV newscasts, as well.

What could go wrong?  At the very least, there woud be a minimum of $1600
additional money for PD research. Or perhaps, we might get some good press,
public  pressure put upon our elected officials and ultinately the
appropriation of the Udall funds.

What do you think?  It's relatively easy to do and certainly couldn't hurt.

Mary Sheehan