                                            City of Salisbury

                                        P R O C L A M A T I O N

WHEREAS:        Parkinson's Disease, a progressive disorder of the central
                        nervous system, affects millions of people
throughout the
                        world, more than one-and-a-half million people in
the United
                        States, and over one hundred people in the
Salisbury
                area; and
WHEREAS:        The American Parkinson Disease Association and its
                        Delmarva Chapter, the   National Parkinson Disease
                        Foundation, the Parkinson's Disease Foundation,
                and  the Parkinson's Action Network have joined in a united
                        effort in passage of the Morris K. Udall
Parkinson's Research
                        and Education Act: and
WHEREAS:        World Parkinson's Disease Day is celebrated on April 11, the
                        anniversary of the birth of Dr. James Parkinson who
lived
                        near Salisbury, England, and, in 1817, was the
first to
                        recognize the disease now named for him;

NOW THEREFORE, I,  W. Paul Martin, Mayor of the City of Salisbury in the
State of Maryland, U.S.A., do hereby proclaim April 11, 1998 as

            PARKINSON'S DISEASE AWARENESS DAY

in our City and urge all citizens of our area to join the search for the
cause and cure for this disease.

IN WITNESS THEREOF, I hereunto set my hand and seal of the City of
Salisbury this 3rd day of April, 1998.

                                        W. Paul Martin, Mayor

POSTED BY

Will Johnnston