What do you get if you strain Irish stew through a muslin cloth?

You get a thin, pale, immitation of the real thing; a gruel which may
retain some of the flavour of the stew but has little of its
substance and nothing of it's texture. No-one could mistake this
consomme for Irish stew.

What do you get if you strain a personality through Parkinson's
Disease?

You get a thin, pale, immitation of the real thing; a gruel which may
retain some of the flavour of the personality but has little of its
substance and nothing of it's texture.  No-one should mistake this
bland product of parkinson's for me.  I'm still here; the same old
complex of ingredients that I have always been. I may in fact be even
more complex than before as I assimilate the new experiences brought
by PD.

And that, surely, is true for each of us. Its bad enough having the
world at large mistake one of our symptoms for ourselves, lets not
compound their error by agreeing with them.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 48/11
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/