I am asking, on behalf of a friend (I'll call her "A"),for a mutual friend
I'll call her "B", for your help. "B" tried to commit suicide twice last
week.  Neither attempt was a 'cry for help'.  She truly meant to die...
She is now hospitalized but it is very likely she will be released
tomorrow. "A" visited her yesterday and is convinced that if "B", is
released, she will kill herself.  "B" was diagnosed several years ago with
PD.  She had to retire from teaching earlier this year.  Her husband was
recently diagnosed with leukemia.  She is having a great deal of
difficulty adjusting her pd medications and (on her own) the week previous
to her suicide attempts had lowered her sinemet and her anti-depressant.

So, what I'm asking for is a letter...a paragraph...as much or as little
as you feel able to write.. from those of our members who have battled
and won and/or are still battling depression to encourage "B" to see that
there is hope.  That life is worth living even if it means living with PD.

Please send them to me rather than the list (if you wish to) and let me
know if you want to remain anonymous.  I will print the letters and "A"
will deliver them to "B" tonight or tomorrow morning.  If any members,
especially from the Southern Ontario region, are willing to talk to "B"
on the phone or in person, please let me know.

I know this is a lot to ask of you and with little time to act but "B"s
situation is desparate...

Thank you

Barb

Barbara Patterson [log in to unmask] HSC 2J22 905-525-9140, ext.
22403
                        School of Nursing