Dear "B",

I just wanted to add my two cents (U. S.) to the issue of your wishes
to end your life.  I have been there myself; and obviously, I made
the decision for life.

In the mid-seventies, after some very heavy personal trials, I
decided that I no longer wished to continue on in this life.  I
seriously considered ending my life; but, at the last minute, I
decided that I could not inflict that on my loved ones (a suicide can
produce long-term guilt in the loved ones!).

It has been more than 20 years since I had that, actually very
short-lived, impulse.  I have had another child, have advanced in my
profession, saved countless other lives through my practice, written
numerous articles (check out my Web Page), gotten involved with
computers, joined and participated in the Parkinson's List; and, in
general, have enjoyed the life that I continue to live because of my
positive decision some 20-odd years ago.

We will all die.  Let's not do it prematurely.  As long as there is
sun, ocean, mountains, and Mozart, it is worth it!

Best wishes,

Bob

ROBERT A. FINK, M. D., F.A.C.S.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
Phone:  (510) 849-2555   FAX:  (510) 849-2557

WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"