hi mary

waaaay back on Sun, 29 Mar 1998 14:32:04 EST
you wrote:
>>...PD patients are described as industrious, rigidly
>>moral, stoic, serious and nonimpulsive.
>
>Gosh, that's just the opposite of my personality.

me, too!

>I'm non-judgemental,

me, too!

>a real "marshmallow",

me, too!

>fun loving

me, too!
except i tend to use the adjective goofy

>and always ready to try something new.

me, too!

>I guess I could say I was industrious,

yes, i am too,
but only when i'm out of the 'pit' of cd

>but in a pretty disorganized way.

when out of the pit = i am the organizer to organize the organizers
when in the pit = i am the organizer who tried

>Does that mean that I don't really have PD?
>Maybe this is all just a horrible dream and soon I'll wake up.

this shows a distinct lack of humour on your part!
my problem too!
hah!

>Seriously though, from two years of being on this list,
>I have concluded that PWPs are friendly, empathetic,
>compassionate and have great senses of humor.

me, too!

>Don't you think that's closer to the truth
>than (ugh!) rigidly moral and stoic?

maybe [hah!] we are a select group
maybe those [ugh!] types don't like computers

>I don't really believe there is a Parkinson type.

i don't know...
it's an interesting idea from the brain chemistry angle...

>Perhaps it would be more to the point
>to gather statistics on the following questions:

hey
emotions, depression, even schizophrenia are chemical based too
our brain chemistry 'is' us

we are where we have been
we are what we have learned
we are our neurotransmitters

>Do most Parkies crave sweets?

yes, me!

>Are we mainly non-smokers?
>Are we more likely to avoid excesses, such as alcoholism,
>drug dependency and eating disorders?

yes, me!

>Are we more or less apt to use caffein,etc?

yes, me!

>Maybe the answers to these questions could aid in the diagnosis of PD.

may be...
heck, just asking the questions will keep the cu[r]e-ball rolling

with love from your sybyr-sys

janet

janet paterson
51-10 / sinemet-selegiline-prozac
almonte-ontario-canada / [log in to unmask]