Dear listmembers,

Ivan and others are quite right to call for action NOW to get the
Udall Bill funded, after all it's now or never.  I have no doubt at
all that a great many people will respond and channel their anger and
frustration into a powerful campaign.  Many self-help systems
recommend envisioning sucess as part of the process of acheiving
sucess.      I tried this and saw the following:

-$100,000,000 flowing into Parkinson's research

-Lots and lots of really happy scientist working towards a cure,
and....

-.... finding it some time in the next 5-10 years.

I also saw:

-lots and lots of  really happy PWP suddenly realizing that even with
all that money commited, it will still be years (+/- 5 if the cure
were found tomorrow) before we will get the benefit of it.

There is need for action now, but once, as Kipling put it - " The
shouting and the tumult dies,   the Captains and the Kings depart . .
." there will still be, for years to come a need for voluntiers to
fight in the ongoing, workaday, war with PD. The funding battle rages
now; it will attract new recruits to the ranks of the pro-active -
hopefully many of them will remain active whatever the outcome of the
fight for funds.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 48/11
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/