> From:          "Ronald F. Vetter" <[log in to unmask]>

> >From: Alastair Wyse <[log in to unmask]>
> snip

    Hi Ron

You snipped the important point of the posting and that was as an
illustration of how biphasic dyskinesia is obviously there in the
medical establishments data but they refuse to recognise it . I agree
with nearly everything you say about dyskinesia and you can find my
views and theories under my posting " Alt.  explanation for PD : Re
DBS. " in the archives (subject DBS ) which gives a much fuller picture of
dyskinesia,  and, which was not relevant to the discussion in the posting
. While on the subject of archive material I came across a posting by
yourself I believe where you were describing PD as a break down in
the process where by the brain puts a series of muscular action
together on a much more general command . Like " drink some tea"
.This will involve a whole series of unthought out movements that the
brain does automaticaly that involve the complicated task of picking
up the mug and and moving to ones lips and drinking .( again for the
sake of brevity, incomplete description ) . But I thought your
analysis right on the button . A few month ago my computer had a
virus that had the effect that when offline my web browser was unable
to automatically iniate the going online proceedure when I asked for
a new web page . The cursor conbtinualy flicked between the pointer
and the hour glass ( PD tremor ) . The toolbar did not work/worked
badly ( PD movement disfunction ) . All these problems disappeared if
I removed the block by manualy going on line . Any more thoughts
along these lines would be much appreciated as would any discussion
on dyskinesia or any other matter relating to PD .
> >  The first thing I read on PD after I was diagnosed was Dr.Harvey
> >Sagar's book " Parkinson's Disease " in which he explains dyskinesia
> >as  occuring at max dopamine  or peak dose ie too much dopamine . but
> >very interestingly he says this occurs 1/2 hour after taking L-dopa .
>
> the time will vary with dose amount and threshold effective level.
>
> >He also says that there is an end of dose dyskinesia for which he has
> >no explanation .
> >  What he is describing in his peak dose dyskinesia is the first phase
> >of biphasic dyskinesia because the maximum concentration of dopamine
> >in the brain occurs  1 to 1 1/2 hours after taking  the  L-dopa .
>
> the threshold where dyskinesia initiates is a variable with each person and
> changes from "it never occurs" with some newly-diagnosed to a level near (or
> even below) the effective medicaton level.
>
> I >dont believe in peak dose dyskinesia except where the first and
> >second phase have run together . I sometimes get this effect when I
> >do not tke enough L-dopa . Too much L-dopa does not produce
> >dyskinesia but slight dizzyness .
>
> see above
>
> >  Dr .  Sagar along with much of the medical profession are twisting
> >the data to fit their theories . I believe that concentrating too
> >much on the different receptors etc. is not seeing the wood for the
> >trees .
>
> perhaps the global data set is not available.  there is a vast difference in
> my response today compared to my response in 1984 or 5 years ago.
>
> >     peace
> >          Alastair     ( [log in to unmask] )
> my best to all.  love, ron

     peace