Barb,

Your loss is our gain!  We had an El Nino Summer in Spring.  Last week the
tempature at the Portland Intrernational Jetport topped of at 88* Farenheit
of course.  We are heading  into the perfect seasons for optimism.  Spring
and baseball resonate hope.  Hope springs eternal.  Our beloved  Red Sox are
2-0,  I can see the headlines in the Boston Globe :" Red Sox Nation in
fantasy world as pennant fever grips hub!"  Ya see Barb, we New Englanders
have been conditioned to be optimist while retaining just enough cynicism to
be real.  However, I buck that trend and say there are big things on the way
for PWP's everywhere.

We have to continue to push, push, push until we can claim a cure as our
victory.  I have felt all the minor victories one can tolerate.  Because it
is inevitable we will crash at some point even if it is shortlived.  I
personally try not to get to high about any news items that come our way
regarding possible cures or improved treatments.  Keeping an eye towards
that day without getting caught up in the sensationalism that pervades our
news media.  I have heard at least a half a dozen reports about the FACT
that a Parkinson's gene has been foung and will almost certainly lead to a
cure.

I know we are headed towards finding better treatments and hopefully a cure.
But it seems to me there should be some sort of balanced approach toward any
funding (UDALL BILL) of PWP.   The bulk should go to epidemiology and
related projects.  However,  a portions of the funding should go to
education and awareness with the remainder going to PWP's whom have been
unable to work and are currently getting $6.50/hr for caregivers. This is
not enough!

Sorry, but I must head off to work!
Greg Leeman37/7