Dear Jenny---re: appetite loss (probably in part at least from his
depression)  will he drink Ensure, etc--which has a lot of protein, and
should really be balanced with some fruit--or even eat ice cream??Calories,
and a pretty good balance of protein and carbohydrates, according to our
resident dietitian, Kathrynne Holden.
The idea opf a videotape may be your best shot--but I understand he'd have
to eat a LOT of Fava beans to get enough dopa, amnd some posts have
suggested they may cause problems.
 Did he show any interest in the fact that 1600 folks on this list are
dealing with PD one way or another, and many of them are thinking of HIM?!
My guess is that the depression from loss of your mother is the trigger
here, and perhaps that's where you need to focus. Does he talk to family
about those feelings of loss ?
You are a loving, devoted daughter, and I'm sure that deep down he realizes
this--but it may be that the depression is so in control that he can't act
on it.
 One terchnique that might help is the "surround" used in confronting
alcoholics with the fact that they have a problem, and it also
affects/hurts those who love them.
If you have web access, there's a wealth of good material re: depression
(from Janet Paterson) there. You might want to check it out.
I'll fwd. to you the how-to for accessing the archives if you need it.
Hang in there!

    Camilla Flintermann .. [log in to unmask]
    CG for Peter, 79/8     ( co-owner of CARE list)

    * "IF THE ONLY TOOL YOU HAVE IS A HAMMER,*
    *     EVERYTHING LOOKS LIKE A NAIL"      *
    *         ---Abraham Maslow              *