Maybe a bit late but thought I'd put my two-cents in about Holly.

She's a sweetheart and has been very helpful to the PD community in general
as well as to her dad, Matt.  A member of the Parkinson's Unity Walk
committee met Matt at Burke Rehabilitation Center in Westchester County a
few years back.  Matt tried pallidotomy but the surgery was not completed
due to a condition unrelated to PD.

Matt Robinson was a scriptwriter for Bill Cosby and the Muppet's Sesame
Street.  I've heard that he appeared on some of the shows, but I'm not sure
about it.  Does anybody remember?

Contacted by her dad, Holly agreed to participate in our 1995 Parkinson's
Unity Walk in Riverside Park, NYC.  The start was convenient enough; across
the street from Matt's apartment on the upper West Side. Fortunately, her
husband Rodney Peete was quarterbacking for the Philadelphia Eagles later
that day and playing at Giant's Stadium, a few short miles away.
Unfortunately, Rodney left prematurely during the second half with a
concussion.

Holly started her TV career in "Twenty- One Jump Street" along side Johnny
Depp.  (Depp starred in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" which featured a
stunning performance by a young teen named Leonardo Di Caprio.  You could
almost say that Holly was practically in Titanic.  Of course you'd be
wrong.)

At the time of her Walk appearance Holly co-starred in the hit TV Show
"Waiting for Mr. Cooper".  Currently the 'youthful mother of twins' is
starring in her own TV comedy series, "For Your Love" which airs at 8:30
Tuesday nights on NBC following "Mad About You".  (Helen Hunt stars in "Mad
About You" and won an Oscar for her performance in that movie that Jack
Nicholson also won an Oscar for but, of course, Holly wasn't in that one.)
In any event WATCH "For Your Love" on NBC, especially if you have a Nielson
ratings box on your set.

Holly Robinson-Peete and Rodney Peete are reaching out to help the
Parkinson's Community with their HollyRod Foundation.  As Margaret Tuchman
mentioned, the Foundation helps cover the high cost of medications for
those who cannot afford it.  It also seeks to educate individuals and the
general public about PD, especially in disadvantaged neighborhoods where
the disease is poorly understood and under-diagnosed.

Holly Robinson is a special person.  Besides being beautiful and talented
she is devoted to her dad and a dedicated spokeswoman for the Parkinson's
community.  We can look forward to her help in the future with increased
public awareness and dynamic leadership.

Regards,
Ken Aidekman

Fund the Research.  Find the Cure.