Dear Barbara:

I do not have the time to follow all the messages on the PD listserv.
That is the reason you have not seen my name to often. I speak highly of
the listserve and have learned from it since my wife has PD.

Now for your B friend we have a son who has tried to take his life on
two occasions. The last time he was almost successful. He has pulled
through it now, at least to the point that he seems to be happier. We of
course had to find the correct medication. He is a lot happier and
thrilled that he still has his life. It is hard but your friend B must
be treated with the proper medication while in the hospital under close
supervision. Trial period is a must and can normally only be handled
under medical care.

If they insist on releasing her and she threatens with another attempt
calling the local police for a 5150 would be appropriate. The 5150 team
will reevaluate her and take he back to the hospital for a longer stay
as needed.

We will pray for your friend that she will be able to cope with life
inspite of her obstacles.

Please keep our Email address so if we can be of any help in the future
do not hesitate to ask for any support.

Henry Guttentag CG for wife 63/9 --Email: [log in to unmask]