To List friends

A member of our support group has a problem and hopes the list can help.
This is her story.

Some (many?) drugs have a filler added to the active ingredients  in the
tablet .The  Mirapex sold in Canada has just such a filler--- cornstarch.
Cornstarch is not supposed to cause trouble but there are people who are
allergic to it.

This is what happened...
She filled her prescription for Parkinson medication, she took the first
dose  and she had an allergic reaction.  She read the fine print that
comes with the Mirapex tablets and there, in the list of ingredients, she
saw the problem-- cornstarch. She is severely allergic to cornstarch

But this is the puzzle.

She has been in a clinical trial for a year or more-- a clinical trial of
Mirapex!  She had no allergic reactions to the tablets used in the trials,
in fact everything was just great. Is it possible for the meds used in the
trial to have a different filler from the meds finally brought to market?

Her doctor says she should stop taking Mirapex but it is not good to stop
suddenly!!!!

There are lots of  questions raised by this story---

Who makes Mirapex?

Have they a web page? An 800 number?

Do all versions of Mirapex contain cornstarch.?

Do some tablets use other fillers?

What are they?

Who knows for sure what was used in the test tablets?

Anyone else allergic to cornstarch?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we can do?

Thanks

Anne Rutherford 64 dx1980