This was send to me by a friend. . . just wanted to share. . . nancy v

We can learn from the geese.

1.  As each bird flaps its wings, it creates an 'uplift' for the bird
following.  By flying in a V formation, the whole flock's flying range is
71% greater than if each bird flew alone.
People who share a common direction and sense of community can get where
they are going quicker and easier when they are traveling on the thrust
of one another.

2.  Whenever a goose falls out of formation, it suddenly feels the drag
and resistance of trying to fly alone, and quickly gets back in formation
to take advantage of the 'lifting power' of the bird immediately in
front.  If we have as much sense as a goose, we will stay in formation
with those who are headed where we want to go.

3.  When the lead goose tires, it rotates back into the formation and
another goose flies at the point position.  It pays to take turns doing
the hard tasks and sharing the leadership--interdependent with each
other.

4.  The geese in formation honk from behind to encourage those up front
to keep up their speed and not tire.  We need to make sure our honking
from behind is encouraging.

5.  When a goose gets sick or wounded or shot down, two geese drop out of
formation and follow him down to help and protect him.  They stay with
him until he is either able to fly or dies.  Then they launch out on
their own, with another formation or to catch up with the flock.  If we
have as much sense and compassion as the geese, we'll stand by one
another in the same manner.