Fri, 3 Apr 1998  MR ROBERT A MARTONE provided the  list with the humorous
offering:  WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DEGREE MAKES. I have not checked the
correctness of most of the F and C temperature pairs, nor is it necessary
to do this to enjoy the humor! The proposal that -38 deg F and -38 deg C
are the same temperature caught my eye, having taught physics for 30 yrs.

The use of either equation for temperature conversion yields the result
that - 40 deg C = -40 deg F.    Using    Temp(F) = (Temp(C) x 9/5) + 32 to
convert C to F, yields :

Temp(F) = (-40 x 9/5) + 32 = -72 + 32 = -40 deg (F).     (About one-third
of the temperature pairs are significantly incorrect.)

I apologize for being so picky!!  Keep the humor coming!

Forrest Glick