oh, barb,

i'm sorry to hear about bev
i'm sorry for the loss and pain felt by her family and friends

i truly believe that
we are each here for a unique purpose

maybe this was part of bev's:
> this group of people has responded amazingly...
>messages were powerful, open, caring and full of support...
>What a truly wonderful group of people you are...

the biggest lie that is perpetrated throughout our society
is that we 'should' be and are entitled to be
happy and comfortable all the time

i believe that we are here to learn
sometimes learning is easy
sometimes learning is hard
sometimes it is painful

while we can try to stop learning and just stagnate in fear
we cannot stop the lessons being handed to us

and this is one of them
which we are all lucky enough to be able to share as a cyber-family

>We all lost

no
we haven't lost
we have experienced pain
without that knowledge we couldn't experience joy
we would be robots

the only way any of us could 'lose' by bev's passing
is if we don't learn from it

>what would be the most useful or effective thing to do?

the healthcare system didn't take bev
pd didn't take bev
cd didn't either
not directly

the simplistic thinking that perpetrates the concepts
emotionality = weakness
rationality = strength
did

the ridiculous cloak of toxic shame surrounding
any expression of pain and grief
did

none of us
needs to feel shame about our humanity

with love

janet

janet paterson
51-10 / sinemet-selegiline-prozac
almonte-ontario-canada / [log in to unmask]