Dear listfriends,

At wednesday March 18, I went for the first time to my new neurologist, Dr.
Joel Freitag here in Waco, Texas. The weeks before it I had bad "off"
periods and increased the doses of Sinemet and Permax. My schedule was as
follows:

               7.30  9.30   12.30  15.30   19.00   22.00

Sinemet 62.5     1
Sinemet 125CR    1     1       1      1       1       1
Permax  1.0       1     1       1      1       1/2     1/2

The Sinemet 62.5 in the morning is used as a "kick in". If I don't do so,
I'll stay "off" till my second take of the day.

Somewhere on the day I had to take a Sinemet 62.5 to kick in again

We agreed in start taking Tasmar. The results are very promising. I have
never had problems with taking any medication, no nausea, no headache,
nothing. I started with 2x a day 100 mg Tasmar. The first day was
remarkable : no "off" period. The second and the third day were horrible,
but I had forgotten to get Permax from the Pharmacist so I spread out what
I had. After a week I felt better again and started increasing the time
between two moments of eating my "candy".

After two weeks my schedule was as follows :

               7.30  10.30  14.30   18.30   22.00

Sinemet 62.5     1
Sinemet 125CR    1     1       1      1       1
Permax  1.0       1     1       1     1/2      1/2
Tasmar 100       1                    1

This was still too much, because I had long periods of dyskenesia.
Thursday April 2 I went for my second consult. We agreed to decrease the
doses of Sinemet and to increase the doses of Tasmar.
Today I used too little Sinemet and Permax, but I hadn't too long "off"
periods. I used today 3 Sinemet 125 CR, 1 Sinemet 62.5, 3 Tasmar 100, and 3
Permax 1.0. I think I need 1 more Sinemet, but maybe the Tasmar will do its
work and can I stay on 3 Sinemet and 3 Permax. That means I use 50 % less
Sinemet and 40 % less Permax and that while I'm only using half of the
advised (3x200mg) doses.  I am very satisfied and am curious to know how
long I will benefit this COMT-inhibitor and how low I can go in my Sinemet
and Permax.

Warm greetings from a happy Dutchman in Texas, 48/9,
Sinemet 1x 62.5, Sinemet 3x 125CR, Permax 3x 1.0, Tasmar 3x 100

**** Life is a loan, to live is an art, to live happily is a gift, to give
is to live, to love is to give and to live, to cope with PD is all, I thank
God daily that He gives me this loan and I will pay him back***