Bryce Jones wrote:

> My mother who has had PD for 8 years has suffered through substantial
> depression and anxiety the last two years.  Right now she is taking
> Remeron for the depression (it has helped some) and small dose of
> Klonopin for the anxiety.
>
> While I realize that Klonopin is much stronger stuff than Kava, I am
> wondering how Kava interacts with typical PD drugs, if at all.
> Kava is an herbal remedy that helps some with anxiety.
> Thanks,
> Bryce Jones

Schelosky L et al:
Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Psychiatry, 1995;58:639-640:
Kava, a tranquilizing herbal beverage popular in the South Pacific
and also sold in Europe, seems to aggravate PD by antagonizing
dopamine and should therefore be avoided by PD patients. Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road