I hope you have better luck with this program than I did with Voice Type -
Simply Speaking by IBM which I also got thru AOL.

Bonnie

<<
 Hi Everyone.

 A little over a week ago, I wrote that I was in the process of experimenting
 with Voice Pilot -- a voice recognition/dictation software package which I
 purchased through AOL. At $40.00, I was obviously skeptical but I figured
that
 it's a no-lose situation as long as I remember to exercise the 30-day money
 back guarantee in time. At any rate, the attached is a sample of what this
 software can do at an equivalent typing speed of approx. 50 wpm (light years
 ahead of my diminished keyboard speed.) Accuracy was surprisingly  high after
 a rough start. The one annoying nuance was that I had use the term "word
 processor" because the system didn't recognize the word "writer"!

 Please write me re. your comments and personal experiences. I'm personally
 very encouraged by the performance of this modest program.

 John Faus

 --------------------
 Hello everyone! As promised, here is and undercut, unseen sword,
demonstration of the CAPITAL-LETTER word CAPITAL-LETTER pilot Voice
Recognition program. It looks as though the two words it missed in the first
sentence were probably not in its still very rudimentary vocabulary.
 ¶
 Actually, considering that this software set me back all of$ 40, I would have
to say I got my monies worth. One thing that I think is important to note is
that even this relatively inexpensive package does not require anything beyond
my normal voice volume level( I have been historically described as soft-
spoken)..
 ¶
 In closing, even though this bargain basement package leaves much to be
desired, it provides sufficient reason to believe that more advanced,
sophisticated offerings such as "naturally speaking " will meet the
expectations of even the most demanding  word processing people.
 ¶
 Hope this little demonstration proves hehelpful( and we were doing so well
 ¶