Harold Anderson-columbia, Mo wrote in part:

>Has anyone noticed a change in urination rate and frequency with
>mirapex? I notice a decrease in both and my neuro  doesn't think it should
>happen.  I notice it on only 2 x 0.1225 a day aafter  a week or so.

I have noticed some changes in urination urgency, flow rate, and need-to-go
frequency. my 14 years since diagnosis may be pertinent.

the situation of feeling extreme pressure when not able to urinate - because
I am driving on the freeway for instance - has occurred several times during
these years. (de-fecation urgency has been less frequent, thankfully).

perhaps I have learned a anxiety response - to this feeling.

in effort to be more detailed - to improve the "observe" process of observe,
judge, act as we analyze by gathering data to produce a conjecture or
hypothesis - I will list my observations:
    awakening from sleep is often a call to urinate
        this depends upon how much liquid contained - but it may also depend
upon meds taken before retiring
    the feeling of urgency/pressure is often correlated per my recent
perception to my having taken medication about 30 to 60 minutes earlier
    the effect may be due to levodopa only - i took nothing else for some
time and had this occur - and it occurs nearly every time my meds are taken
if the prior dose was taken more than two hours previously (now taking four
0.25mg. Mirapex: one with 1st, 3rd, and 5th half of six halves of 25/250
crbidopa/levodopa; and the fourth just before retiring

These indicate to me that there is some peripheral neural message that my
bladder is full that gets sent when the first of the medication exceeds a
threshold in my blood plasma in the vicinity of the bladder. this is
conjrctured because I also observe that I either get this feeling nearly
instantly if I eat my lunch 30 to 50 minutes after ingesting the meds.

It seems that the meds are dissolved and near or in the small intestine,
but, need the influx of the first part of food LNAA molecules to get the
levodopa and/or pramipexole into the blood. It does not seem as though the
medication has yet reached my brain.

I associate somewhat similar levodopa (other meds also) mass transport
differences in time to reach the sympathetic neural network, the
parasympathetic system network, and the various parts of the brain with the
digestion, food movement, food protein and fat content et cetera with the
dystonia relief time required.  my foot-calf morning dystonia comes about a
quarter hour after I am up. the relief is sooner if I take the first med
with some biting to crumble the half 25/250 tablet - and i use warm water.
It is quickest if i suck a peppermint and move about  and/or assume the yoga
candle position or lie on floor with feet elevated.

this "standing on my head" seems to increase blood pressure in the brain
which makes the dytonia milder or extinguishes it.

i find the dystonia to be milder - cramping rather than spasms - with the
retiring Mirapex.

feedback and comments solicited.  seems like a potentially  valuable thread.
be spunky, but not obnoxious. ron
Ronald Vetter  1936, dz PD 1984, carbidopa/levodopa, Mirapex, selegiline
[log in to unmask]     Ridgecrest, California
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter