First of all, I would like to thank all the list members who responded to
my request for information re: not enough memory (on my laptop) to run
Windows. I would especially like to thank E. Jack Savely, Bob Fink, Bob
Chapman and Phil Tompkins for taking the time to try to understand my poor
description of the problem. I'm still working on the solution, but expect
to have it solved by Monday.  The fundamental problem seems to be the
allocation of RAM (working memory).  I have all my resident programs in
conventional memory, and none in higher memory.  I have to get some
programs into higher memory, freeing up enough conventional memory so that
I can run Windows 3.1.  I will do this through DOS.

The command "Memmaker" won't work because I have used the command "drive
space" to effectively double my memory.  The downside to "drive space" is
that memmaker can't be used (no free lunch).
                                                        Thanks again for the help,
                                                                        Peace, John