Peter is again titrating up--slowly--with Requip. So far haven't had the
hallucinations we are trying to avoid. At present he is on:
        Sinemet 10/100 = 800 mg a day at 3 or 4 hr. intervals
        Requip 1+ 3/4 mg at 6:30 AM
               1+ 1/2 mg at lunch
               1mg at 11 PM
               1/2 mg at 2:30 AM

The final 2 doses used to be given at supper, but as he was very stiff and
off at 11, we tried spreading them out as above, and it seems to help.

His neuro has said that as he is taking Sinemet also, the max. for Requip
may be around 6 mg a day, although PWP who are on "Requip as monotherapy"
may go much higher (I've seen 24mg suggested on this list.)

 Basically, what seems to work for us is just being VERY PATIENT and going
VERY SLOWLY, adding  1/4 mg tablet a week. The difference I see mainly
right now is that  if we miss a dose of Sinemet, perhaps by 1 or even 2
hours, Peter seems not to notice--the Requip has to be what's carrying him!
Before starting Requip he was on twice the Sinemet he is now taking, also.

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8
  Oxford, OH
 * Ask me about the CARE list for*
 *   Parkinson's caregivers !    *