 APRIL 7, 1998
TO: LISTSERV

FROM:[log in to unmask]

This is how we plan to make our community aware of Parkinson's

Disease during April Awareness Month:

1. Proclamation signed by the Mayor of West Milton, Ohio

2. News article with picture of Mayor signing proclamation

and a story on a local Parkinsonian-front page cover.

3. Proclamation signed by the Mayor of Troy, Ohio

4. Two local cable stations will run a message on Parkinson

Awareness Month and day.

5. One local Radio station will run a message

6. Local church will have a workshop on Parkinson's Disease

with a doctor as the speaker

Here is a copy proclaming April as of Parkinsons' Awareness

Month:

Proclamation

WHEREAS, Parkinson's Disease is a chronic degenerative disease affect-

ing the neuromuscular system of more than two million Americans; and

WHEREAS, many individuals afflicted with Parkinson's Disease, find it

difficult, to continue daily routines due to tremor, slowness of movement,
rigidity,

balance difficulties, and a shuffling gait or inability to walk; and

WHEREAS, the Ohio Parkinson Foundation encourages all Parkinsonians

and caregiversity to get involved in support groups in order to share ideas
and be-

come a source of much needed encouragement; and

WHEREAS, understanding the affects and treatment of the disease helps

those afflicted and those who share their lives to cope; therefore, education
is re-

cognized as a top priority to encourage everone to continue to set goals that
are

obtainable, and to show that a diligent effort can rewarded; and

WHEREAS, while researchers continue working with hope of discovering

a cure, there is a great need for public awareness in helping those diagnosed
with

this debilitating disease at this time,

NOW THEREFORE:

I,_Howard I. DeHart, Mayor of the Municipality of West Milton, Oh. do

hereby proclaim the month of April 1998 as:

PARKINSION AWARENESS MONTH

and invite the medical profession, media and agencies and concerned indivduals

to unite during that period to further the cause of more effective treatment
and a

cure of Parkinson's Disease.

Signed : Howard I. DeHart

MAYOR