ken aidekman wrote:
> The card could explain the significance of April 11th and reinforce the message that we need a cure before Dr. P's 200th Birthday.  By the way, how old would he be were he still alive?

DR. JAMES PARKINSON (1755 - 1828)

James Parkinson was born in London, and in his early
education studied Latin, Greek, natural philosophy and
shorthand which he considered as proper basic tools for
a physician. Early on he assisted and then took over the
practice of his father in general medicine. At the end
of the 18th century, he was already established as a
social reformer and voiced his opinions openly on war,
the military establishment, on the causes for poverty,
on civil disobedience, on revolution and even on medical
education. His hobbies included geology and
paleontology. He wrote a little known medical monograph
on "Observations on the Nature and Cure of Gout" in
1805. But his "ESSAY ON THE SHAKING PALSY" published in
1817 gained him immortality in the annals of
Medicine.There is no likeness ever found of
James Parkinson.

Judith Richards