Mario A. Gonzalez wrote:

> Found this question in one of the forums. Very interesting, the part about the meds not working......
>
> This article submitted by on 4/9/98.
>
> Email Address:
>
> I have had Drs. tell me they are not sure if I have PD, or parkinsonism-like tremors. I have had symptoms of some type tremor disorder for 12 years. I began meds for PD only about 3 or 4 years ago. I never received what I would consider benefits from the meds. I have heard that if PD meds don't work for you, then you don't have PD. Just how much are the meds supposed to work? How much relief is anyone to achieve? Meds have never completely done their
> job, as far as Iam concerned. Has anyone else had this experience, and what do they do for parkinsonism tremors?

Since different neurodegenerative diseases arise in different parts of
the brain, it's possible to have more than one at a time. So your meds,
which also work on specific parts of the brain, may alleviate tremor
from one disease but not the other. An example (still disputed by many)
is that the tremor of Essential Tremor is helped by alcohol, and a
couple of drugs, but not by PD drugs, while the tremor of PD is helped
by PD drugs but not alcohol or the ET drugs. Taking both works best for
me. Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694