On Thu 09 Apr, HEIT BILL wrote:

> <<
>  Meanwhile, Re: your query on increasing Carbidopa, I would say that the only
>  circumstance where it might be worth trying is if your current intake is less
>  than 100 mg per day of Carbidopa. The accepted figure is 70 mg/day;- more
> than
>  that would not be effective in  saving levadopa, because there is no more to
>  be saved.
>     On the other hand, the upper level of Carbidopa is not critical : I would
>  expect that most of you folk are currently taking nearer to 200 mg than 100
>  mg of Carbidopa, and it isn't doing you any harm, so if you want to
> experiment
>  there is minimal risk. The first symptoms of too much should be a noticeable
>  lack of 'Get-Up-and-Go !,and a general malaise.
>  Good luck. >>
>

> i may be wrong but I have believed for years-- I think I got it from Dr Delong
> ( the palli expert from Emory) that one can benefoirt from 150 mg a day and
> that anything over 300 mg a day is toxic.  At any rate, corbidopa is not a
> totally benign drug.
> Regards,
> WHH

Hello Bill, I certainly agree with you that 300 mg per day is a sensible top
limit for Carbidopa, although I do know people who take more without obvious
harm. At the other end of the scale, I have seen 70 mg per day quoted by
several sources; perhaps your Dr Delong is just being cautious?
Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>