Rita's great idea re: magnet for refrigerator can be adapted . In Oxford
the police dept. gices out a "Vial of Life"--a plastic tube which can hold
info re: meds, medical needs, etc, and be stored in fridge. They also
supply a fluorescent sticker to put on the outside of the fridge, which
says "Vail of Life", and emergency med. personnel on Life Squad are trained
to look for these.  Way to go, Rita--all communities should do something
like this, but till they do, we can do it for ourselves!

>Hello
>Several pharmaceutical company reps were monitoring this list.....if any of
>you are still out there.......request:
>
>We pick up handouts/give aways from your companies at the various health
>fairs, MD office etc.....How about making a refrigerator magnet that says:
>EMERGENCY  MEDICAL INFORMATION IN REFRIGERATOR (or FREEZER).....
>Suggestion that Emergency medical contacts....medication schedule.....phone
>numbers......insurance information  be kept in ziplock bags in freezer.......
>
>Or, you could distribute "car litter bag" type of containers for EMERGENCY
>MEDICAL INFORMATION........to be kept in the freezer (or in your
>car)......along with the magnets to alert folks to look for this
>information.......
>
>Helpful to rescue squad, fire/police, friends, neighbors who would find us in
>challenged situations.................also helpful to grab this packet on the
>way to the emergency room!!!!!!!
>
>I would be happy to provide sample of information packet to you....
>
>Please give us a hand with distribution/availability of magnets or bags!!!
>
>Rita Weeks

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8
  Oxford, OH
 * Ask me about the CARE list for*