Kathrynne,   I first heard that carbonated drinks make all meds work fast from
the pharmacist at our local hospital, Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach,
California. He was telling a Parkinsons Educational Class how to get your
regular sinemet to take effect faster. Then, after CR came out, the president
of COPS(Children of Parkinsons) told a meeting and published in their
newsletter that you should be careful not to take CR with a carbonated drink
since it would eliminate the CR part and you'd get all the sinemet at once. It
made sense to me because of what I'd been told by the pharmacist.PDF has a
center of excellence at Hoag, so I assumed they knew what they were talking
about. I will try to get more information about this for you, but it may take
awhile; we are going to Yosemite for three weeks and will not be back until
the second week in May. I am sorry if my information was incorrect; I kind of
thought it was something that people knew. I remember we used to say take an
aspirin with a coke to get a high when we were kids. That surely dates me,
doesn't it?  Thanks for all you do to help us. I read your posts regularly and
try to follow your sugggestions with my husband.   Barbara Smith,CG/Ken/70/17