Dear List Family,

Why not channel our anger, indignation, fear, disappointment, loss of self-
determination, and use this holiday week-end to ask our families and=20
friends to help make the Udall authorization an appropriation?

What if every member of our immediate & extended families and circle=20
of friends and their family members looked through their personal phone=20
books and tried to identify people whose residency is in one of the 23=
 states,=20
whose 29 members of Congress hold in their=A0 hands the fate of 1 million to=
=20
1.5 million=A0 USA=A0 Parkinson's sufferers PLUS millions of=A0 world-wide=
=A0 members=20
of our growing PD population? (more than 50 K per year are newly diagnosed)

During family celebrations, talk about what each member can do? Maybe Aunt=
=20
Minnie knows a neighbor, whose son-in-law works in a garage where=20
Congressman=A0 Porter's car gets serviced.

What about your son, or grand-daughter returning to college with the names=
 of=A0=20
the 29 Members and asks their school friends, fraternity/sorority/classmates=
 in
Government & PoliSci classes to participate. And Cousin Ted, who always=
 brags=20
about the high esteem his fellow golf buddies have for him at the club?=20
Wouldn't=A0 they like to help?=A0=20

I propose a "Race against Time/Race for Cure" Marathon.=A0 The object of=
 this=20
endeavor is to identify person(s) living in one of the Districts of the 14
 Representatives in the 23 States listed. =A0=20

A report to this list should be made each time there is a "HIT",=A0 i.e.,=
 someone
has been identified=A0 and they are willing to write a letter/make a call=
 AND
continue the
search for additional contacts.

The prize for having generated the most "HITS"? Let's come up with
ideas..........

I am curious to find out just how "small=A0 the world " really is?=A0 Whose
family/friend
tree would have branches=A0 in most of the 23 States?=A0=20

I propose that with every Easter basket, every baggie of left-over food to=
 be=20
taken home, we enclose a sheet of paper with the list of states/names of
legislators
who need to be contacted.=A0=20

To be continued in post #2.
DOB: 1941/Dx: 1980/Cured:ASAP